Sunday, January 15, 2006

POETRY FOR THE DAY...

"My Forever More"
You are the suns' first ray of light, the brightest star twinkling at night. You are my fresh summers' breeze, the grounding rock beneath my feet. The tears that swell in my eyes, full of pride. You are all of these things and more.For you are the daughter I love and adore, you are my forever-more!
(dedicated to my oldest daughter)
"The Storm of Life"
Before the storm, there is a calmness hanging in the air. It is my love hovering over and slowly embracing you.
Then the storm begins...
The beating of my heart is the pounding rain. The wind, my gentle whisper of "I Love You" in your ear. Thunder, the raging of passion growing inside of me, and the lightening is the flash of heat in my heart and soul.
Just as strong as anything sent from up above, this magical thing, the storm of love, goes on for all eternaties to come.
(Published in Poetic Voices of America)
"Love is Still on Your Side"
Picking up the shattered pieces on the floor, like a life that was there once before. You start to wonder if anyone will come knocking on your door , to open up the heart inside, and show that love is still on your side.
Suddenly, you look up to realize, I am there at our side. My love for you I did not hide. I had been there for you through out the entire ride down loves' slippery slide.
(Published in "A Break in the Clouds)
"Untittled(as of yet)"
One life,
One hope,
One body, mind & soul,
One love of a lifetime,
together to fulfill all of our goals.
What beauty this one love does hold,
it reaches beyond the very depths of a mortals' soul.

1 comment:

Andrometa said...

Those are so beautiful!
My favorite on is the one you wrote for L.

Short verses are nice. Sometimes you can express all the emotion in the world, with just a few words.

So very nice.